Monday, January 28, 2008

Date Night

For our date night last weekend Derek and I were able to enjoy some good entertainment from the BYU Living Legends. It's a dance group that performs different dance styles from around the world. Some of the cultures they represent are countries from South America, Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Mexico, North America, New Zealand, Guatemala, and more.

It was pretty amazing. The talent was awesome! I really appreciate all the different cultures around the world. The dances from South America, hits me close to the heart, since my mother is from Peru and it's a part of me. It was hard to sit in our seats and not get up and dance along. After the show the dancers mingled with the audience. It was neat we were able to meet and talk with some of the dancers. We met and talked with dancers from Ecuador, Hawaii, and Peru. The costumes were pretty neat. Derek and I both really liked all the dances but a couple of our favorites was the Somoan slap dance and the Native American dance with hoola hoops. We highly recommend the show! I had a wonderful time with my sweetheart, thanks honey for a wonderful evening! I just wish I had my camera. :)

1 comment:

Merilee said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you guys had a fun date. It seems like its hard to get away sometimes, so I'm glad that you had the chance!