Then we went home and I started cooking one of Derek's favorite meals for dinner...Chicken Parmesan. Cassidy helped me make the cake batter and she frosted the cake all by herself, and put the decorations on the cake. I think she did a pretty good job!
Our first attempt for going to the game was cold and snowy so we decided to postpone for the next weekend. We couldn't have picked a more gorgeous day to spend outside watching football! The Air Force Academy was playing Wyoming. We won 10-0. Lousy score but it was still exciting and Cassidy was enjoying her first football game. It was cute to watch Derek explain to his little girl all about the game of football. We had great seats in the front rows and had plenty of room for Cassidy to climb. The Cadets would come down from their seats onto the field and do push-ups for each touchdown. It was cool. It was a fun to do together and I'm so glad it brought a smile to my birthday boy! And of course that horn was well used for those good plays!

6 comments:
Awesome, looks like a lot of fun. That is so cute that Cassidy decided on the cake, and picked out her own present. I can't believe how grown up she is!
Yeah for fun birthday!! Happy Birthday Derek!!!
Angie, I love the freedom you hand over to your daughter to choose a gift, card and frost a cake ENTIRELY on her own! I have such a hard time giving up control, especially in the kitchen, and I am trying to be more like you! :)
Way to go! Cassie you did so good! You guys are so fun :)
so cute! I need to be better at giving the kids freedom, especially when a mess is involved. You inspire me to let go!!! So cute!
Cassidy is just too cute! And I agree, that's so great that you're willing to let her take over. Cute card. Something to treasure;)
Post a Comment