Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ward Campout

I asked our Bishop if our ward can have a family camp out this summer...the wish came true. I really enjoyed helping with the planning. We had 23 families come. Everyone helped out with the program, food, games, etc. I think it was so fun and hopefully we can make this a new tradition every year.

Devotional about our Pioneer Heritage


The day of the camp out, we got permission to have a campfire. The fire restrictions were lifted. And every night that week it rained but not our weekend of camping. The weather was perfect! The moon was so bright we didn't need flashlights. Talk about being blessed!

Adorable Brother & Sister Kofford (Doesn't he look like President Hinckley?)

Sitting around the campfire, singing songs and sharing pioneer stories. Brother Kofford played his harmonica.


Our Bishopric served us a pancake & bacon breakfast. Yummy!

Friends

Activities: Catching Balloons from the launcher, and water balloon volleyball

Bishop caught one! And got all wet!

Cassidy & Aspen doing the 3 legged race


Egg Toss

Frog Race...1st, 2nd, & 3rd place. Guess who won??? I did! :)

Oatmeal Cream Pie eating contest

Cassidy and her friend Emmeline enjoyed this game

Suzanne ended up tying for first

Patricia showed us how it's done...bobbing for apples

The kids loved climbing the trees

Marbles

Taking down the tent :(



1 comment:

Josh said...

How cool! My favorite picture is of the Bishop and the water splashing everywhere! What a shot! :)