Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Apple Farm











Cassidy and I were invited to go with our friends, the Terry's, to the Happy Apple Farm. We piled in their car and drove together. The farm was a lot bigger than I thought. Once we arrived we jumped into the hay wagon and they dropped us off near the Apple trees and pumpkin patch. Cassidy couldn't wait to get started with picking apples. Every time I turned around she would be picking up another one. The owners of the farm were very nice and told us we could take a bite and try the delicious apples as we pick them. It was our very first experience at an Apple Farm. We had so much fun! Cassidy would follow her friend Adrianna around. They sat on pumpkins together and on a bench to look at their delicous apples. After spending some time with picking apples we walked over to where the berries were. We soon realized they weren't sweet at all, they still had another week to ripen. Oops! That's when we learned what we thought were raspberries were actually blackberries. :)








We decided to have a lunch picnic there at the farm. Cassidy ate some of her lunch and then couldn't sit still because she wanted to play some more. She's so active and loves to play outside. How can I blame her, it was a fun place to be! Then it was time to leave but we first had to buy some homemade raspberry jam from their store, for Daddy. We're so grateful to our friends who invited us, we had such a wonderful time. We'll definitely have to go back on a weekend so Daddy can come, because it was so much fun!

1 comment:

The Adamyjo Clan & Then Some.... (UPDATED!!) said...

Hey Angie! I can't believe how big Cassidy is! Man, time flies, it seems more so when they are tiny. You all are looking good! I will keep in touch~ I LOVE the blogs!