Monday, October 22, 2007

Extreme Makeover Home Edition





Derek and I enjoy the tv show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" with Ty Pennington. It's a great show that helps families in need and that deserve a break. Ty and his crew help build a beautiful new home for families all around the country. A lot of volunteers of construction workers, painters, plumbers, etc participate. Anyone can volunteer and get involved to help carry out the big project.

Well, this time they came to Colorado Springs, and we were able to go to the site and check it out. It was neat to see everyone working so hard to build this house in one week. It's amazing how fast they build the house. I was going to volunteer, but it didn't work out. Hopefully we get another opportunity in the future. It was still neat to watch and see the house at different stages of construction. I even got a picture of Eduardo Xol - the landscaper designer. :) (He's the one that's waving, in case you were wondering)

1 comment:

Barry and Shannon said...

Too bad you didn't get a picute of Ty with his shirt off! :) Just kidding. I heard about it and wanted to go see but never got to it. How fun for you guys!!!