Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Barnes and Noble...a Wonderful Place



Thomas the Train

Dora Backpack

1st Good Book

2nd Good Book

What are you reading Daddy?

Big Comfy Chair


This week for our Family Home Evening activity we took a trip to Barnes and Noble. It's like heaven, to Derek and Cassidy. Books, books, and more books. I've never been a big reader but both Derek and Cassidy have helped me become a bookworm little by little. It's fun to sit in comfy chairs, lay on the floor, or sit on a bench to read a good book at this wonderful place.

Our visit starts as soon as we walk through the doors. Cassidy tries to skip her way towards the Children's section and heads straight toward the train set to play with Thomas the train. When she gets her fill with the trains she moves on to the backpacks and picks out Dora from the bunch. She insists mom to help her put it on. When the task is done, she wastes no time into finding a good book.

On this particular night it was nice because as a family we had three comfy chairs for each of us in the same section. Derek read about puzzles, I read the books Cassidy brought me, and Cassidy read Elmo. Then we enjoyed our tradition, whenever we go to Barnes and Noble, we share a slice of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from their cafe. If you have never tried this, you should! Delicious!

We have good days and we have bad days. It's happy times like this together that help me through the days that seem to fall apart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Barnes and Noble too :) Have yet to try the cheescake - I will have to put it on our "to do" list. I loved your comment at the end about good days and bad days. It is so true - it is the fun times together that help us get through those days when we just want to pull our hair out :) Cassidy looks so big and cute reading her books. We sure miss her!! Tell her how much we love her and her cousins can't wait to see her again. HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Yumm... The cheesecake sounds so good! My kids love to go to the bookstore too!

Carolyn said...

I love to see pictures of children reading--I think they have the neatest feel to them. I got your email by the way--sounds great, but I'll write more later!