Sunday, March 23, 2008

An important lesson...Sharing





Cassidy is such an example to her mommy and daddy in many ways. First of all we didn't use to say our prayers at restaurants, but now we do. She is very aware of our feelings and our safety. When we walk on snow she says, "Careful Mama,ice,fall down." Or if I need to grab something in the cupboards and I'm not tall enough, I use a chair (I know where does she get it from)and she will say "Careful Mama, don't hurt." When she can tell her daddy or mommy is sad, she jumps and says "Be Happy, Happy Face." She always finds time for us to get up and dance and live life to it's fullest. She has the best attitude when she's sick, and doesn't let it get her down. Cassie is a big helper around the house, with handing me the dishes in the dishwasher, or taking laundry to my bed from the dryer. I know she would be a great big helper to her baby brother or sister. When we get ready to go somewhere she will automatically bring us our shoes and jackets so we stay warm. I can go on and on...but one of our favorite things that our little girl does is SHARE. If mommy is giving her something to eat, of course the first thing she says is "And Daddy" or the other way around. It could be food, airplane rides, hugs & kisses, toys, whatever. She's always including us and making sure we're taken care of.

On Easter morning while getting ready for early church I gave Cassidy a whole banana for breakfast (she likes to peel it herself and eat it like a big girl). The next thing I know she walks into our bedroom and gives both daddy and I part of her banana. She broke it up into 3 pieces all by herself and with a big smile handed us our piece. What could we do??? But take our piece of banana with gratitude. It really started our Easter Sunday with the right spirit. Even with small and simple things she is such an example to her parents!

No wonder why we're taught to... Be like unto a child (Mosiah 3:19)

7 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Cassidy is adorable and y'all are amazing parents. I hope I can raise my kids like that.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how our kids teach us? Cassidy is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Cassidy we are so proud of you!! What a wonderful example you are. We sure do miss seeing you and hearing your sweet little high voice. We love watching you through pictures and reading about all the fun you have with your family. We love you bunches!!!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Thanks Aunt Jill! I miss you too! Pease give loves to my cousins Matt, Branden, & Car Car. And Uncle Doug too. :)

Cassidy

Jill said...

You are so good to record those moments! It is such a blessing to have sweet little spirits in our homes and in our lives, Cassidy is truly special!

Camille Foote said...

Angie you do such a great job with Cassidy, she is such a sweetheart. Aly has a hard time sharing, but I can relate with how wonderful it feels when she decides to share or do kind things for others without being prompted at all it is such nice feeling.