It was a relaxing weekend of enjoying two nights in a hotel with a pool, no cooking, beautiful scenery, shopping, and being together. I was kind of worried on how this trip may affect Cassie with her potty training, but she did great! We just made sure we brought her potty with us and Cassidy did the rest. As we drove through the mountains we would ask Cassidy how many trees, rocks, and moutains she sees. This was her reply: 9 Trees, 7 Rocks, and 9 Mountains.

Here are some pictures from our time in Durango:
Little stories with some pictures above:
As soon as we walked into our Hotel room, Cassidy had to get on the bed and lay under the covers. I think she was telling us how grateful she was to be done with sitting in her car seat and now it's time to get comfortable. One afternoon, we were walking downtown and Cassidy started to run towards a FedEx Mailbox. The next thing I know she wraps her arms around it to give it a big hug and shouts "FedEx!" like the thing belonged to her. It was so cute, so I had her do it again so I could take a picture. :) Another thing Cassidy enjoyed was hearing the Choo Choo train each morning. So our last morning we walked to the train station with enough time to get some pictures and watch the train leave. It was fun to see all the smoke come out of the top and wave to the people on board as the train passed us. Derek had to cover Cassidy's ears the Choo Choo was so loud, that's how close we were. If you ask Cassidy what we did she will always mention the train and how loud it was.
One of the most memorable moments in Durango was when Cassidy gave up her balloon she received at the candy store and gave it to a little girl that was crying, because hers flew away. All we did was ask her if that was okay and she walked right up to the little girl and handed it to her. Cassidy walked back with a huge smile. We were so proud of our little girl and it touched our hearts. The sweetest gift is giving. It was a great reminder of how we should be, more Christlike.
On the way home we just took our time. We stopped to check out a Craft Fair in Pagosa Springs. Then, we stopped at a place that sells Yak Meat. We were hoping to be able to show Cassidy the Yak. But we got more than we hoped for, the nice man that owns the ranch actually had us climb in his truck to drive to the back of his ranch. We actually had the chance to see the Yak up close and Cassidy was so excited she kept asking the Yak to come see us. Then we got out of the truck and visited with his horses. The horses were funny, when we got out of the truck they came right over to us like dogs and even stuck their heads in the windows of the truck. Pretty friendly!
By the time we got home we were pooped out! Thanks Honey for driving us all that way and back.




2 comments:
Angie, I am so jealous about your potty training success! I have been trying it this week too, and had Hannah sitting on the potty for 45 minutes at a time as well, but still no pee pees in the potty!!! She is not one to be pushed, so I am scared that I pushed her too much...I guess we'll see! We miss you guys!
What a fun trip! We love to take little trips like that. Good luck with potty training. Sounds like Cassidy is doing great.
Post a Comment