Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Our Little PreSchooler



Cassidy started her 1st day of Preschool this week! I even had the chance to step in and be a sub to help out Miss Valeri. It was so cute to see a bunch of three year olds cause excitement chaos! We would ask Cassidy all last week what was coming up on Monday...she would shout "Preeeeschool!"

My friend Camille and I decided it would be fun to organize and start a Co-Op Preschool for our girls. So, we talked with more friends and soon we had 8 of us on board with the idea. We're using the curriculum from a company called Funshine Express. We heard other friends using it and they seemed to be very happy with the curriculum. So that made it easy, thanks Sarah and Courtney! We had a Parent's meeting back in January and just shared ideas and goals of what we would like for our preschool. It was fun, and everyone shared the same excitement, of course we're all newbies so nothing less expected.

All the moms are taking turns with teaching and we're in pairs. So we can have the extra help since we're going to be outnumbered with 8 three year olds. :) I look forward to teaching with Camille in 2 weeks. So I'll let you know how it goes...

But for now, here are some pictures from Cassidy's 1st day of preschool on Monday. We celebrated Dr. Seuss Birthday. So we read Cat in the Hat, balanced plastic plates on our heads (just like the Cat did), decorated cupcakes, the kids cut out and decorated hats that looked just like the Cat in the Hat. Introduced the letter "A" and colored some worksheets, and talked about the weather. Another activity was Miss Valeri had them all try on different pairs of shoes, and had them walk around with them on. It was funny to watch. I think it was a pretty productive, entertaining 1st day! Cassidy couldn't wait to call Daddy when we got home and tell him all about it. I'm actually writing this as she is at her 2nd day of Preschool. I'm sure when I go pick her up I'll hear all about it. I'm excited! We're so happy for our Little Preschooler!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!! She looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! She looks so cute in her school clothes!

Holly said...

That looks like fun! :)

Valeri said...

I love the shoes picture. I meant to get one of those too. :) I LOVE Cassidy. She is such a cute little fireball! Glad this worked out for all of us. The kids seem to be in heaven.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! She's been excited to start school since she first saw the day care down the street years ago. Great pictures, honey. She looks so happy!

Quinn said...

How fun!! and she is so freakin' adorable!! I love her skirt, she looks so ready for school. Franklin's been showing "terrible two's" so I haven't been too excited about him getting any older, but now I can't wait till he's 3 and going to pre-school, looks like so much fun!

The Goulds said...

I wish I was there to have Alyssa in it with you all. Everyone here has their kids in real preschool....little too much money for me :) I miss you all.

Carolyn said...

I really want to do something like that when Ella gets older--now I know who to call for pointers!

J2A2K (darth_ender) said...

I'm so excited for Cassidy starting pre-school! She looks cute in her uniform look alike outfit! I love all the pictures, but the one with them following the leader made me laugh. The leader looks like she's falling asleep!:) They're so cute at that age. Each year gets better! You're such a great mommy! Cassidy is blessed to have you!

AZ said...

You are so creative! That's awesome!