Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"SQUIRREL"

This is Dug from the disney movie "UP". One of my favorite parts in the movie was when Dug would freeze in the middle of a sentence and say "Squirrel!" Well, one afternoon we came home to hearing our dog Oakley barking in the backyard and not just one or two barks but many. I thought it was strange since Oakley hardly barks. So I went to go see what the matter was and realized Oakley found a squirrel in our tree.

The squirrel was loud too as if it was barking back at Oakley. Cassidy and I enjoyed watching the show. I included some videos, I apologize the videos are sideways. Oh and sorry we're not that great at landscaping as you can see.


Squirrel in our backyard tree barking back at Oakley




Videos of Oakley barking at the squirrel:




I decided the squirrel had enough and put Oakley inside



This is what happened next...the scared little squirrel caught his breath and escaped from the barky dog.

1 comment:

Mel said...

We love "Dug". We quote him all the time. We have a squirrel we named FRED that comes to torment our dog all the time. I have posted about him and the funny, OBSESSED way that Duke watches him thinking that he can indeed catch him. I know that Fred loves to tease the dog which makes it that much more funny! Way to show him who is boss, Oakley!!