Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Beginning of our Vacation... Part 1

It was time for our CANCUN TRIP...but first we had to drive to Arizona to drop off our little munchkin with Aunt Sara and Grammy. Cassidy was so excited to leave Colorado and head to AZ to be with her cousins. On our way to AZ we were able to stop in New Mexico to visit with some good friends (Lisa and her cute kids-Hannah and Isaac). We met at a park, it was a great idea (thanks Lisa) that gave Cassidy a chance to play and get out of the car. Even though it was such a short visit it was so good to see them again. We sure miss them and hope someday they will move back to Colorado.




We wanted to drive to Phoenix in one day so we were on the road again. In Flagstaff we needed a potty break so where better than the Institute building where Derek and I met. We got distracted with looking through all the old scrapbooks of way back when. It was fun to see pictures of our old friends and to talk about old memories. We got to Grammy's really late. We hit the sack after arrival hugs and saying good-night.

Derek and I planned to stay in AZ an extra day before we flew to Cancun to help our little girl get adjusted. So the next morning Grammy took us to a fun park (Sahuaro Ranch Park) to hang out and catch some sun. Cassidy enjoyed climbing on all the fun park equipment. Then we had to pick up some lunch at Japan Express, teriyaki chicken (family tradition). When we got back to Grammy's house Cassidy and I played around in the pool. Later that afternoon Aunt Sara, Uncle Scott, and cousins Michael, Matthew, and Macey came over for the weekend. Cassidy and all her cousins were so excited about the new bunk bed that Grammy bought for the kids. They climbed up and down them constantly. It was a nice day. That night when we put Cassidy to bed we knew we would have to say our goodbyes to our little girl. I didn't realize that I would be so emotional (of course after she fell asleep).



Our Little Monkey



Famous Bunk Beds


We got up early to head to the airport, our sweet little angel was dreaming away. We knew Cassidy was going to be well taken care of and so busy with fun things to do. Because her Grammy, Aunt Sara, and Uncle Scott were watching her.

3 comments:

The Goulds said...

How fun!!! I totally wish that I would have known you were in Phoenix I would have drove to see you even if just for a few minutes...we live in Scottsdale. I can't wait to see your pictures from you Cancun trip!

Unknown said...

I have been excited to see pictures from your trip and hear about it! I think that is so fun that you two were able to go to Cancun!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Angie! What a fun trip! Glad you and Derek were able to celebrate your 10 year anniversary!