We got to Cancun around 4:30pm and it was windy but it wasn't humid and the temperature was in the 80's. We had a shuttle pick us up from the airport to take us right to our hotel. We checked into our beautiful hotel, Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand.
(These pictures were taken directly from the balcony of our room)
The hotel had 3 restaurants and a little cafe. It also had 2 big pools. From our balcony you could only see one of the pools. We couldn't believe we were staying in a 4 star hotel for the cost we paid. The staff was so friendly. We also found a quiet place with hammocks. When we walked outside our door we were able to see the Lagoon across the street. It was so beautiful. It was fun to check everything out at our hotel. After all the exploring we got hungry and decided to eat at one of the restaurants in our hotel called La Concha. It was Pasta night and we made friends with the Pasta chef that worked there, her name was Candie. She cooked us her specialty that wasn't on the menu. It was delicious! Derek asked for seconds. Then of course they had an all you can eat buffet with salad, other pasta entrees and desserts. I liked the Arroz con Leche the best for dessert!
The next day we just spent all morning relaxing by the poolside. Catching some sun and swimming in the fun pool.


For Lunch we decided to adventure downtown and find a Mexican restaurant to eat at. So we rode the city bus that was so cheap, 50 cents a ride. We went to a place called... Tacolote. Derek ordered chicken fajitas and I pigged out on the all you can eat buffet. It was pretty good food, probably the best Mexican food we ate the whole time in Cancun. Then we went to Walmart to buy some snacks and water. We couldn't believe how a Walmart could be so different in another country. It seemed like the Walmart in Cancun was a party place with lots of loud music. Also at the cashier lines they had little children between the ages of 8-12 bagging the groceries. And of course living so close to the ocean the seafood was so fresh and uncovered you know when your getting close because of the smell. It was just new to me.

KEEP GOING...
7 comments:
Oh my goodness gracious! I haven't read your blog in FOREVER because for some reason I don't have a link anymore--talk about a fun trip!! I have to make sure you have a link om mine--weird! ANyway, so I totally know where I want Jack to take me on our 10 year anniversary in only two years--and I know who to call! Looks great--thanks for sharing so much!
Oh my goodness gracious! I haven't read your blog in FOREVER because for some reason I don't have a link anymore--talk about a fun trip!! I have to make sure you have a link om mine--weird! ANyway, so I totally know where I want Jack to take me on our 10 year anniversary in only two years--and I know who to call! Looks great--thanks for sharing so much!
I'm so jealous. How fun to have a get away just the two of you, and to be together in such a beautiful paradise! My favorite photo is the one with Derek looking back at you at the pool. Where did you guys stay? That is such an amazing view out of your balcony.
Shauna,
We stayed at the Cancun Caribe Park Royal Hotel. It's one of the few hotels that is designed for each room to have an ocean view. Since all the rooms are on one side of course facing the ocean.
It truly was a vacation of a lifetime, and it was nice to call the beach "home" for one week.
I hope you and Stephen will someday be able to have a romantic getaway too.
10 years!! Congrats! You guys are amazing. What a beautiful place to spend your anniversary.
Hey Gorgeous! I am so jealous. Your trip looks like so much fun. I keep telling Devin someday we will venture out and see the world. How are you doing? Your daughter is the cutest thing ever!
Looks like a dream Ang! Congrats on such an amazing romantic getaway!
Post a Comment