Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our New Hospital

Penrose St. Francis Hospital Dr. Cassidy Johnson Derek practicing to be a "Surgeon" playing Operation Sitting in the Helicopter that saves lives



We had the chance as a family to attend the open house for our new hospital. We enjoyed the tour and the free handouts. :) We also learned a lot.

I thought it was so cute that they had scrubs for the children to dress up in. Who knows maybe Cassidy will follow her Uncle Kevin's footsteps to be a doctor. Or a nurse like her Aunt Brianna. She definitely looks cute in scrubs, she was very excited they had pink ones. It was also neat to sit in one of the rescue helicopters. I couldn't believe how small it was inside, the stretcher practically took up the whole helicopter.

In the Birth Center, we were happy to see that they spoil moms who are having babies. The rooms are enormous and beautiful with a beautiful view of the mountains. Every mom gets her own room. That's definitely a great thing! Near the nursery they also gave the children a chance to change a babies diaper. It was cute to watch.

At the end of the tour we were able to try the food from the cafeteria. It was very good, and healthy. :)

It's a beautiful hospital and we're so grateful we only live 5 miles away. But of course we hope we don't have to use it any time soon. We only wish we could have our family members work at this hospital. That would be awesome!




Cassidy changing a diaper. She wasn't sure about the anatomy of a baby boy and realized she wanted a girl doll. It was too funny.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's pretty funny that they were so anatomicaly correct--I guess at a hospital they have to be huh? I have definitely had blog distraction days, but I try to limit myself to only a few days week that I am "allowed" to check friends' blogs--that keeps me from getting too addicted! :)

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of Dr. Cassidy!! She is so stinkin cute - give her big hugs from all of us!