NOW PRESENTING...CASSIDY with a great pair of singing pipes. As some of you know, she's always been blessed with a good set of lungs. Now she's using them to her advantage, and not just to scream, like she did during her baby blessing. :)
"Book of Mormon Stories"
"ABC's"
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
I guess I didn't say "YEAH!" at the end of Twinkle Twinkle, like I did for the other songs, so Cassidy had to say it for me. :)
But no stopping this little singer...she continues to sing new songs each day. The other night Cassidy actually challenged her mother to make up a new song. We were sitting on our deck one night looking up at the moon and stars. I asked Cassidy what song she wanted to sing and she says "A moon song!" A moon song, I don't know any moon songs. Do you? Anyways...I couldn't let her down, so I improvised and this is what I came up with:
"The moon is round, The moon is bright, The moon is up in the sky tonight."
Then Cassidy asks for a cloud song. So this was next out of my brillant mind:
"The clouds are fluffy, And white and puffy, in the sky tonight."
As we're having fun giggling with the funny word puffy, we looked up and saw a shooting star. It was so cool and exciting! As I was explaining to Cass what a shooting star was, of course, you know what her next request was.
"Mom I want a shooting star song!" I couldn't resist:
"A shooting star is super fast, We make a wish on this night."
Okay so I tried, hey it was for my little girl. And all that mattered was that it made her SO happy. And now each night before bed, she makes a request for our special song. Being a Mommy is so much fun!
4 comments:
So cute! I make up goofy songs for my kids too--one night I made one up for Angie about eating french fries and then said something like, "But be careful of big thighs!" She thought that was pretty hilarious, and then I remembered Amey Durfee's saying, "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips!" Fun times...
Too cute! I still make up silly songs for my kids and they beg me to stop!
American Idol...here she comes!
Hey Angie, Hannah loves those songs too! In fact, one of her favorite things to do is to sing...I will hear her singing in the morning while she is still in bed. The other night, we were saying good night, and we were singing "I love to see the temple." We sang through the first verse, and were about to start the second, when she reminded me that we did not sing the verse with "obey" in it ("I'll promise to obey."). I love little children and their zest for life!
Post a Comment