Sunday, November 02, 2008

More Halloween Fun

(you can click on the pictures to see them bigger)


Cassidy and I made Ghost Cookies for Cassidy's playgroup party. I was impressed with Cassidy's steady hand frosting those cookies. For the last couple of weeks she has been practicing with her painting skills and using anything she eats as her paint (Examples for a later post). I'm so excited about Cassidy being the age where we can do more and more together. Anyday is a good day for making cookies!

Then we took on pumpkin carving as a family activity. This was Cassidy's first time experiencing the gooey guts of the insides of a pumpkin. She wasn't quite sure what to think about it, as you see in the picture. But once I jumped in with squishing the pumpkin guts she jumped right in. We were having fun until we both realized our hands were getting itchy and red from the stuff. So daddy happily jumped in and took over with carving our pumpkin. Daddy to the rescue! Who says the girls should have all the fun???

Playgroup Halloween Party

The next morning Cassidy was eager to get to the playgroup party. They had several stations set up for the kids. Pinning the mouth on the jackolantern, Bookmark craft with foam stickers, Halloween Bingo, Decorating caramel apples, and of course eating up all the goodies. I love Cassidy's face as she dove into her plate of goodies.

I thought the best idea from my friend Laurisa was the caramel apples. They were the perfect size for the kids. Here's the link to get the recipe:

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50565


Walmart Trick or Treating



On Halloween morning we joined our friends Camille, Aly, and Brookie at Walmart for the trick or treat activity. It was cute to watch the girls excitement and to continually push them along for each candy station to say, "Trick or Treat!" Sometimes Cassidy would even say "Happy Halloween!" it was so cute. It definitely was good practice for Cassidy since Trunk or Treat was going to be later that night. Camille and I were busy keeping track of our girls and soon realized they were having fun Christmas shopping early. We decided we were in no hurry and let them look at the toys and dream. By the end of the search for candy, the girls were ready to hop into the shopping cart. It was funny because they wanted nothing to do with that thing almost the entire time.

After Walmart we took the girls to the park and let them play since we had to take advantage of the beautiful day and be outside. It's crazy because usually it never fails that we have snow or frigid temperatures by this time of year and for some reason this year we had some good fortune on our side.

Trunk or Treat


Friends Jocelyn & Rachel
(A.K.A. Cinderella & Abby Cadabby)


Daddy Clown was teaching his Lil' Clown how to juggle. I think we may have a family business. ;) I was especially proud of Cass for keeping her wig on the entire night. I didn't even have to bribe her.

We had a busy Halloween week and loved every minute of it! We hope you had a wonderful spooky time too.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Great pics and it looks like you were busy, but having fun! :)

Camille Foote said...

Love the pictures. I really like the one with the three of you wearing your clown wigs too funny. The girls had a lot of fun with Cassidy as always. We will have to get together again soon.

Lina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lina said...

Love the way you guys look as clowns! Cassy seems to be having tons of fun. We love you guys

Unknown said...

I love those clown wigs!!!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you has a fun filled day! I bet you were exhausted by the end of it. Cassidy is so lucky to have such a great mommy and daddy that like to make things so much fun for her.
You all look like you had so much fun!

Hugs

Carolyn said...

Wow--she must have hauled quite a load of candy--more for you "test out" right? I remember you cookie monster! :)