Sunday, August 09, 2009

Girls Night Out


So Derek is a Scout Leader again...so that means overnight camping trips. Since Derek was going to be with the boys Friday afternoon-Saturday night. Cassidy and I decided to have our own fun...Girls Night Out.

Cassidy and I went to the concert at the park. We enjoyed a Pizza picnic dinner while listening to the band play some jazz music. Afterwards, Cassidy was able to put on her bathing suit and run through the water fountains. She was so happy! She just giggled all night.

Our fun wasn't over, we then changed clothes and went to an indoor volleyball gym. I was able to play volleyball with friends while Cassidy played with her friends and rode her tricycle around the gym. By 8:30pm we were both exhausted. So we went home read some stories, said our prayers, and went to bed. Well before I went to bed I watched a chick flick and ate some ice cream. Then I went to bed. :)

That's when I missed Derek the most! I didn't have my man to snuggle with or to talk to about life in general and about all the cute things Cassidy did that day. I'm so amazed how women survive without their husbands for long periods of time. My husband was only going to be gone for one night and I missed him terribly.

But I have to say I had such a good time with my little girl and look forward to more Girls Night Out!

3 comments:

Mel said...

We have girl's night all the time. My boys have been doing the scouting thing now for several years and so we are used to that by now.. We love it and always look forward to it every month. In fact, when they don't have a campout that month, we feel cheated!

Holly said...

Ahhh, no girls night at this house...or it would be lonely. WAIT, what am I saying?!?! :P Glad you guys had fun. :)

Anonymous said...

that's super cute and sounds like you had a great time!